Try the Library Catalog and Searching System!
All the libraries in the district have a circulation and library catalog system that makes sharing and searching for resources much easier. There are a lot of great features like tiny book covers so users can visualize the book, reading lists created by teachers, book reviews, searching online resources along with books, etc.
To access the library catalog online:
Go to the school web site and click the Library link.
Click Links on the library web site menu.
Click Library Catalog at the top of the list.
Scroll down and click Westgate Elementary.
You are now in the library catalog!
- All items are checked out for two weeks.
- Return items to the red wagon outside the library.
- Kindergartner check out limit: 2 items, 1st-3rd grade check out limit: 3 items, 4th-6th grade check out limit: 4 items
- You can renew items if no one else is in line for them.
- There are no overdue fines, but a fine is charged for damaged or lost items.
Knitting Club Stitching Away!
Many 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students have learned how to knit and are working on projects every lunch recess in the library. Mrs. Lindquist and Ms. Wittmann teach knitting to beginners and help with projects. Yarn in many colors is available for projects and students buy needles or hooks. Stop by the library and see the creative work and join in if you know how to knit. We are always looking for donations of yarn too.